Monday, February 14, 2011

Appearances can be deceptive!


I have come across a lot of people (really, a lot of them) who before entering into my friends circle, felt I am a snobby, snooty person. Well, the one's who know me wouldn't
accept that , cos I rarely never smile/laugh. Giving it a thought, I actually laugh almost all the time.. :O No.. I am not mad :P So when 2 days back, another friend of
mine confided that she felt I would be someone who is strong and arrogant, I began thinking about this.

How and why do people start feeling so? I have come across many
people who seem very nice on the outside, but aren't so at all. So what is that which makes us give that impression? Is it the way we talk? the look on our face? or our
facial features? This is another reason, why many people tend to fear their superiors. I had a mentor, during my initial days of my Corporate life. I could not approach him
for even my slightest of doubts or concerns. You may ask why? The answer is he looked really strict and I had a feeling that he would never listen to my concerns, let alone
help me out. As usual, I did not approach him. After around 4-5 months, we had a client party, which was where I found that he was really a nice guy beneath his strong/haughty
exterior.

So, people, Donot be afraid to approach anyone or mistake someone whom you have not conversed with yet as good or bad. Appearances can be deceptive! ;)

Let this be my Gyan on this Valentine's day to all you folks, who are afraid to ask a gal/guy you like! Go on, give it a shot! Kya pata , Kal ho na ho! [yeah... yeah...I am a bit filmy :P]

and B.R.B !!!

4 comments:

  1. :D .. People say the same about me.. That I am too serious and nakchada and Snobby.. Even last week, I was chatting to an old college acquaintance, who I never talked ever in college and I was told that most of them thought I was snobby and serious :D ..

    Imagine.. Me .. Serious :D .. :D ..

    Whats this B.R.B, at the end ? Your Soon to be common sign at the end of each blog ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BRB was thr in last post too? :O hehehe then I guess I ll make it my signin off line :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should add a disclaimer at the end: If taking my advice someone gets beaten up on V day. Please dont hold me responsible :D ..

    BTW.. Who is that thinks you are snobby and serious :O :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of them told me that they thot I was a serious type, b4 they actually knew me... :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete